My kids eat this dish up, there are literally zero leftovers because they keep coming back for more. I just shared a video on IGTV on how to make this delicious dish and wanted to give you all the full recipe. I modified a recipe I found on readyseteat.com to fit my family, but the inspiration is all hers!
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz each) Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- STEP ONE: Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water, stir. Add oregano, stir in. Add salt and pepper, stir again. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- STEP TWO: Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Uncover sprinkle with cheese, recover for 2 minutes.